Location: Skelton or Seaham
The role is primarily to support the bids & tendering process through the review, evaluation and negotiation of client commercial contracts. Furthermore, it shall provide reactive support to the operational teams during execution of awarded projects.
- Review client and supplier commercial contracts to identify compliance with Group Commercial Contracting Policy
- In accordance with formatting requirements, highlight, challenge and qualify any specific contract provisions to ensure tendered position reflects an acceptable balance between risk and reward
- Support the commercial and contractual tendering process
- During the tendering process lead on contractual negotiations with the client
- Ensure compliance with the contracts procedures and support project execution procedures
- Support the contract handover from Tendering to Project Management through the communication of key contractual provisions and obligations
- Engage with the Project Management Office, where required, to support any contractual issues
- In collaboration with the Procurement Manager develop a robust contracting approach with key suppliers, including putting in place Framework Agreements
- Record and monitor the status of any performance security instruments in place
- Review and provide guidance on other forms of legal and compliance documents, including NDA’s
- Deliver effective internal communication across the business to promote alignment and personnel engagement.
Skills & Experience
- Proven legal or contractual experience within a commercial environment
- Contracts administration and tendering processes
- Familiarity with FIDIC, NEC & LOGIC contracts desirable
- Confident negotiator
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Degree educated in a relevant area preferable
If you would like to be considered for this role, then please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a project you would like to discuss?