Seaway Offshore Cables – Yunlin OWF – February 2020 to Present – 81 Array and 12 Export Subsea Cables
Correll Group, Electrical Engineering Division (CEE) was awarded a third contract associated with an offshore windfarm located in the Taiwan Strait, an endorsement which firmly establishes our reputation and position in a global market. Yunlin consists of 80 WTG’s and is the first 66kV OWF to be constructed in the region. CEE was fully involved in the Type-Testing & Pre-Qualification processes conducted at the array and export cable manufacturers facilities in Japan and South Korea respectively.
Summary of work included:
- Pre-project meetings
- Site visits
- Type-Testing & Pre-Qualification of 66kV cables at manufacturers facilities
- Creation of associated documentation
- Project HIRA meetings
- Mock-up trials
- Mobilisation of PPE & tools via a 20ft container
- Visa & Work Permit applications
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
On the offshore assets:
- Tower mobilisation and preparation
- Route the HV and FO cable into the TP/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang-off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate power cores (66kV) into the GIS
- Complete post installation testing from the onshore substation to the offshore asset (VLF, IR, TDR & OTDR)
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan of the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.
For further information contact Peter Dinsdale, Business Lead, Electrical Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org