Prysmian Group – Saint Brieuc OWF – January 2023 to Present – Termination & Testing of 66kV inter-array cables
The Correll Group, Electrical Engineering Division (CEE) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a contract from Prysmian Group to complete the 66kV inter-array cable (IAC) termination & testing on Saint Brieuc Offshore Wind Farm.
Correll will deliver works on both the Wind Turbine Generators and Offshore Substation.
The project will be split into two campaigns; Q4 2022 x 18 IAC’s, and the remaining 44 IAC’s scheduled for installation in Q2 2023.
The St Brieuc Windfarm project will comprise of 62 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) of 8MW each and 1 Offshore Substation providing a total capacity of up to 496MW. The summary of work includes:
- Pre-project meetings
- Monthly meetings
- Site visits
- Mock-up Trials
- Creations of RAMS
- Project HIRA meetings
- Pre Project training
- Mobilisation of PPE, Cable pulling equipment, tools & test equipment via 20ft containers.
- Pre & Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- VLF testing
On the offshore assets:
- Tower mobilisation and preparation
- Cable Pull-in’s
- Stripping the array cables to expose HV cores and fibre optical cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cables into the GBS
- Route the HV and FO cable into the OSS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang off to the Connex Joints on both WTG’s / OSS
- Apply fire retardant heat shrink to the HV cores from the hang off to the Connex Joints on the OSS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the termination box
- Terminate Pfisterer size 4 power cores into the Connex Joints
- Complete post installation testing on the WTG asset (VLF / PD & TD, OTDR)
- Deliver all “As Built” documentation.