Prysmian – Saint Nazire OWF – Stage 1 September 2021 to January 2022 – 220kV Export Cable Pull-in, Termination and Testing (2 x Export Cables)
Correll were delighted when Prysmian awarded our organisation the Cable Pull, Termination and Testing contract on St Nazaire. We feel very privileged to be involved in the first ever French Offshore Wind Farm .
- Pre-project meetings
- Creation of RAMS
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
On the offshore assets:
- Cable pull of 2 x export cables.
- Stripping the export cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cable into GIS and Fibre Enclosure
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang-off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate three power cores into the GIS
- Complete post installation testing from the onshore substation to the offshore assets (IR, TDR & OTDR)
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.
Prysmian – Saint Nazire OWF – Stage 2 May 2022 to October 2022 – Termination and Testing – 33kV inter array cables
Correll Electrical Engineering as a Sub-Contractor has been asked to provide personnel and equipment to perform offshore testing and terminations of the Inter Array Cables, to the WTG/OSS termination point on the Saint Nazaire wind farm project.
The Saint Nazaire Windfarm project will comprise of 80 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) 6 MW each and 1 Offshore Substation providing a total capacity of up to 480MW. Scope of work includes:
- Planning assistance & coordination of the works
- Arranging accommodation for the termination & test teams
- De-armouring of the inter array cable which includes removing outer yarns / outer sheath, armouring, fillers and untwist power cores and FO cable
- Installation of the permanent hang-off (from temporary to permanent) of the inter array cables
- Install and connect the earthing cable from hang-off towards the earthing point
- Routing and fixation of the HV power cores, FO cables and earth cables on the
- cable ladders of the OSS / TP / WTG
- Installation/termination of all required accessories for the completion of the FO Cable. Splice box. Splicing, installation of pigtails and earthing of the tube included
- Supply of tools, test equipment, consumables, and PPE to perform the termination & test works inside the OSS / TP / WTG
- Removal of the cable support frame and debris
- Installation of the surge arrestors at the cable bays of the 33kV switchgear on the OSS
- IAC & OSS HV & FO Cables – perform ‘Site Acceptance Testing Pre-Termination’
- IAC & OSS HV & FO Cables – perform ‘Site Acceptance Testing Post-Termination’