Prysmian – Hornsea 2 Offshore Wind Farm – August 2021 to June 2022 – 66kV Array & OSS Cables
Correll Electrical Engineeing were delighted that Prysmian approached our organisation to take over the Termination and Testing contract on Hornsea 2. The Hornsea 2 project is being managed by our UK team based at our HQ depot in Skelton, North-East England. Correll Services is responsible for:
- Pre-project meetings
- Evaluate existing RAMS
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- On the offshore assets:
- Stripping the array cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cable into the TP/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang-off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate three power cores into the GIS
- Complete post installation testing from the onshore substation to the offshore assets (IR, TDR & OTDR)
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.