Jan De Nul – Princes Amalia OWF Cable Repair – October 2021 to January 2022 – Array Cable Pull-in, Termination & Testing
Jan De Nul approached Correll to support them with the Cable Pull, HV and FO services associated with the Princes Amalia cable repair/replacement project. Correll were responsible for the Termination & Testing of the IAG cables between Wind Turbine Generators, including:
- Mobilising 20 Technicians and 2 Offshore Installation Manager
- Pre-project meetings
- Procurement of High Voltage and Fibre Optical materials
- Site visits
- Creation of RAMS
- Creation of quality documentation
- Project HIRA meetings
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- On the offshore assets:
- Cutting of existing array cables ready for extraction
- Cable Pull operation.
- Stripping the array cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cable into the OSS/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate power cores into the GIS
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.