Jan De Nul – Formosa 2 Offshore Wind Farm – January 2022 to September 2022 – 66kV Array & Export Cables
Correll Electrical Engineering (CEE) were delighted that Jan De Nul once again chose our company to complete the subsea cable termination & testing works on their 3rd contract Taiwan waters. The Formosa 2 project will be managed through our Taiwan Brach with the HQ in Taipei, we shall be deploying our two local technicians onto the project throughout.
On the Formosa 2 project, Correll Services was responsible for:
- Pre-project meetings
- Site visits
- Creation of RAMS
- Mock-up trials at Switchgear and TP manufacturers facilities in Indonesia.
- Creation of quality documentation
- Project HIRA meetings
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- Onshore export cable stripping and routing
- Onshore export jointing of the HV & FO cables
- On the offshore assets:
- Stripping the export cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Stripping the array cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cable into the TP/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang-off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate three power cores into the GIS
- Complete post installation testing from the onshore substation to the offshore assets (VLF, IR, TDR & OTDR)
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.