Global Offshore – Kreigers Flak Cable Repair OWF (Denmark) – October 2020 to February 2022 – Array Termination and Testing
Global Offshore approached Correll Electrical Engineering (CEE) to support them with the HV and FO services associated with the Kreigers Flak cable repair/replacement project.
CEE were responsible for the Termination & Testing of the IAG cables between Wind Turbine Generators, including:
- Mobilising 20 Technicians and 2 Offshore Installation Manager
- Pre-project meetings
- Site visits
- Creation of RAMS
- Creation of quality documentation
- Project HIRA meetings
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
On the offshore assets:
- Cutting of existing array cables ready for extraction
- Stripping the array cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the permanent hang-off
- Route the HV and FO cable into the OSS/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate power cores into the GIS
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.