Global Marine – Acadis OST 1 – September 2022 to November 2022 – 27 Array Subsea Cables
The Correll Group, Electrical Engineering Division have been successful in securing a contract from the Global Marine Group for the post installation integrity testing of all 27 inter-array cables on the Arcadis Ost 1 offshore wind farm.
Arcadis Ost 1 is located in the Baltic Sea, 19 km northeast of the island of Rügen in Germany. Spanning an area of 29 km² and consisting of 27 Vestas V 174 – 9.5 MW wind turbines, Arcadis Ost 1 will have the capacity of 257 MW when fully operational, producing enough green energy to power up to 290,000 households.
The summary of work included:
- Pre-project meetings
- Monthly meetings
- Creations of RAMS
- Project HIRA meetings
- Pre Project training
- Mobilisation of PPE, Cable pulling equipment, tools & test equipment.
- Pre & Post Lay Testing (Continuity, Insulation Resistance and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- Following completion of the offshore phase two spare IACs were offloaded to reels and the following tests were undertaken;
- Visual inspection.
- Uni-directional OTDR of 25% of the IAC fibre-optics.
- TDR measurement of the conductors.
- IR tests (DC voltage test of the outer sheath of all three cores, in accordance with IEC63026, chapter 13.2).
- On the offshore assets:
- Stripping the array cables to expose HV cores and fibre optical cable.
- Resealing the cable ends and ensuring the cable is safely stowed before departing site.