Global Offshore – Block Island OWF Cable Repair – August 2020 to Present – 1 Export Subsea Cable
Global Offshore approached CS to support them with HV and FO services associated with the Block Island cable repair/replacement project in the USA. This is the second contract for Correll Services in the USA associated to OWF’s cable repairs. We are responsible for the Jointing & Testing of the Export cables between Land and the Wind Turbine Generator, including:
- Mobilising 6 Technicians and 1 Offshore Installation Manager
- Pre-project meetings
- Site visits (jointing habitat)
- Creations of RAMS
- Creation of quality documentation
- Project HIRA meetings
- Load-out Testing
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- On the offshore CLV & assets:
- Cutting of existing Export cable
- Stripping the Export cables to expose the HV cores and FO cable
- Complete the 33kV Power CSL subsea Joint.
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan for the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.