Position: Bid & Tender Manager
Region: Correll Services, Skelton, Redcar &
We are seeking an experienced Bid & Tender Manager to
join our team and will play a strategic and proactive role. We have a
preference for the candidates who can demonstrate extensive experience of the
bidding and business development environment and knowledge of the Renewable
This successful candidate will be directly responsible for
effective bid management, solution development, bespoke bid writing and control
of the bidding processes. He or she will lead and manage all aspects of bids,
from being the main point of contact, collating all relevant data, writing a
competitive bid response, working with the technical & commercials within
the business, until the proposal reaches the client.
- Ensure all proposal and tender opportunities are tracked from opportunity, to delivery, through to post review feedback.
- Ensure relevant information is captured from all stakeholders to facilitate the completion of the tender.
- Participate in key review meetings / final document review / content sign off and document production meetings.
- Write and produce Sales Documents, Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQs), Invitation to Tenders (ITTs) and Presentations in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Support Bid no Bid process with preliminary reviews of enquiries, participate in / lead meetings, follow up actions to facilitate making appropriate bid decisions.
- Carry out research for kick off meetings.
- Manage all clarifications and raise / review where appropriate
- Liaise with client and record all client correspondence
- Ensure governance is followed and all relevant approvals are obtained.
- Ensuring compliance with tender return instructions and ensuring a complete return
- Internally report, provide feedback and promptly raise issues/risk review
- Effectively communicating timetables and key messages throughout the tender process to all key stakeholders.
- Maintain CRM (Zoho) for assigned proposals in coordination with Sales/BD and wider team.
- Genuine opportunity to be imaginative and creative to really make our bids stand out from the crowd.
- Work closely with the team to know what can be promised and can be delivered.
- Liaise with sales / marketing / ops teams to produce up-to-date case studies to use within all proposals.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written Bid Library content where relevant keeping it relevant and up-to-date.
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of key stakeholders, including contributions from sales, marketing, ops, finance & legal teams.
Experience & Qualifications
- HNC/HND/Degree level preferred
- Project management, commercial, engineering / technical and other similar qualifications will be highly beneficial
- A minimum of two years’ bid experience in a similar role.
- Able to write, produce and edit bid content within a complex business environment.
- Experience of estimating, cost control, or similar (creating, reviewing)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients and stakeholders, both verbal and written.
- Experience of identifying, reviewing and evaluating each new business opportunity.
- Able to translate all of the above into the written word and ultimately an engaging and winning tender submission.
- Passionate about the renewable sector
- Highly organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a “can-do” personality, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Committed to delivering excellent standards at all times.
- Flexible and able to be responsive and react to change and prioritise accordingly.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well with colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
If you are interested in the above role please introduce yourself and send your CV to [email protected]