Seaway Offshore Cables – Costal Virginia (USA) OWF – February 2020 to September 2020 – 2 Array and 1 Export cable
Correll Services is delighted to have been awarded a contract for the Cable Pull-in, Termination & Testing on such a prestigious project. We are particularly pleased that SOC has agreed to trial our unique concept of utilising an ‘Integrated Cable-pull, T & T Team’ for completion of the subsea cabling works within the OTG. We are in the process of opening a CS branch in the USA which shall be used as a base for future offshore renewable energy projects in the region. On the Coastal Virginia project, CS is responsible for:
- Pre-project meetings
- Site visits
- Mock-up trials
- Creations of RAMS
- Project HIRA meetings
- Mobilisation of PPE, tools & test equipment via a 20ft container to the USA
- Visa applications
- Post Lay Testing (continuity, insulation resistance, Time Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry).
- On the offshore assets:
- Tower mobilisation and preparation
- Cable pull-in
- Installation of temporary hang-off
- Stripping the export cable to expose HV cores and fibre optical cable
- Stripping the array cables to expose HV cores and fibre optical cable
- Complete the permanent hang–off
- Route the HV and FO cable into the TP/WTGS
- Cleat the HV cores from the hang off to the GIS
- Terminate and splice the FO cable into the cabinet
- Terminate three power cores into the GIS
- Complete post installation testing from the onshore substation to the offshore asset (VLF, IR, TDR & OTDR)
- Deliver an Inspection and Test Plan of the installed and tested system, forming part of key payment milestone.
Due to unforeseen circumstance on the project damaged occurred to the export cable subsea by a vessel not associated to the project, Correll Services completed 2 x subsea repair works on the export cable, we installed 2 x Prysmian subsea joints.